Thursday, April 16, 2009

Rochester School News

Teacher Lay-offs. 

This is a link to the local newspaper article on our district's latest round of lay-offs.  Sad news for everyone.  Of the 47 elementary teachers let go, 10 were from my building.  I have been so fortunate.  I was contracted with the district in 2002, the year after the last big lay-off and long enough ago that I have a decent spot on the seniority list.  My second grade class is projected to have 31 students next year, which will be an interesting challenge, but I'm very blessed to have that challenge.  

No comments:

Arthur's Eyes

President Elect Obama!!

Will's Travels

One of our goals is to show Will the world outside of our small town in Minnesota. Here is a record of his travels so far:


    Our Boys

    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker