Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We Did!

What an amazing day!  

For the first time in my history as a voter I woke up the day after election day and my candidate was the winner!  There is much celebrating to be done!  My sisters have both been working hard for the Democratic Party of Arizona, my parents did phone banking, and my mom "donated" a few Obama stickers to people in need.  Even some of our favorite Republican relatives were supporting Obama!  

In Minnesota news, Tim Walz was re-elected, but Al Franken lost by about 700 votes.  Unfortunately, Michele Bachmann was also re-elected (she's the crazy lady that called democratic congressmen anti-american).  Not only is she a little nutty, but  I think Jon Stewart would have had a lot of fun if her opponent, Elwin Tinklenberg, had been elected!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how different it feels. Not only did a qualified candidate win but we actually knew the winner before bed on Election Night! People our age aren't used to knowing what that feels like, especially as voters. I've been striking up conversations with strangers about this, staring at news still, and alternately beaming and bawling.

Arthur's Eyes

President Elect Obama!!

Will's Travels

One of our goals is to show Will the world outside of our small town in Minnesota. Here is a record of his travels so far:


    Our Boys

    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker